The original and best alternative sand bag you will ever need especially as many people ask "do sandbags really work?" as flood barriers for effective flood mitigation and flood prevention. FloodSax sandless sandbags (which people also call Floodsacks or Floodbags) are an ideal flood protection product to defend your home and business and show up just what's wrong with traditional sandbags.
FloodSax® are a self-inflating flood defence system used to protect your home and business from storms, flash floods and accidental water damage.
- always there for peace of mind. No panic to buy sandbags if a flood is forecast
- can be expanded in the water right next to where you need them and stay taut until flood subsides
- lightweight - before they are used with the standard bag weighing just 150 g
- thousands can be quickly transported in a van, saving on fuel, wages and manpower
- one can be expanded and put down the toilet to block it from filthy water being forced up by the floodwater backing up through the drains and sewer
- FloodSax don't need sand - one of the earth’s natural resources - and so saves the environment
- Floodsax are 100% biodegradable
How to use
- Floodsax are vacuumed packed for convenience in bundles of 5
- a 3 minute soak in water activates the FloodSax increasing their size and weight from 150 g to 25kg
- FloodSax bags come ready to use
- can remain in place for up to 3 months and can be easily disposed of as they are 100% biodegradable
- how many FloodSax do I need?
- we supply FloodSax in boxes of 20, which is sufficient to protect a 2 metre span to a height of around 60cm.
FloodSax vs Sandbags
- it is easy to see how FloodSax are a much better choice to traditional sandbags - for all uses including floods and spills:
- must be replaced regularly costing thousands of pounds for big companies and local authorities that need palletised sandbags ready all year round for any emergency.
- can deteriorate if stored for a long time, especially in cold, damp warehouses.
- exceptionally unwieldy to lift and handle with all kinds of health, safety and manual handling technique problems for staff who have to use them at businesses.
- messy with the sand easily washed out and adding to all the damage if they burst.
- difficult and expensive to transport anywhere due to their weight. One box of 20 FloodSax is equal to 20 sandbags on a pallet.
- need a lot of people to move any number of sandbags anywhere.
- easy to store and can be vacuumed-packed to save even more room.
- always there for peace of mind. No panic to buy sandbags if a flood is forecast.
- can be expanded in water right next to where you need them and stay taut until flood subsides.
- lightweight before they are used with the standard bag weighing just 0.2kg (7 ounces) so can be used by people who would not be able to lift sandbags.
- thousands can be quickly transported in a van, saving on fuel, wages and manpower.
- can be stored in small depots around the area, not one huge central store so can be taken even more quickly to the scene.
- one can be expanded and put down the toilet to block it from filthy water being forced up by the floodwater backing up through the drains and sewer.
- FloodSax don't need sand - one of the earth’s natural resources - and so saves the environment.
- dimensions stored: 520 x 470 x 12 mm
- dimensions inflated: 520 x 470 x 200 mm
- weight: 200 g
- color: white